Terms & Conditions
Please read this policy in conjunction with the terms & conditions of any particular service or services you are using.
By using any of our services or visiting our websites you agree to our use of your personal information as set out here.
2. The personal information we collect.
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isn't limited to):
- your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, gender and email address;
- your debit or credit card information, information about your bank account number, sort code and other banking information, and other information required to validate your identity;
- your account information such as how you purchased or signed up to our products and services, the products and services you use and anything else relating your account;
- your preferences and interests both when you tell us what they are or when we deduce them from what we know about you;
- your demographic information (which we may acquire from third parties);
- information you provide to us when entering prize draws or competitions or participate in surveys or consumer panels;
3. Using your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity and make credit decisions about you (which may include carrying out a network credit check on you).
- to confirm that your orders have been received and to process them, to validate you as a registered customer when using our services and calling our customer services;
- for providing the relevant products and services to you, for administration of your account with us and customer services.
- to send you certain communications (including by email and SMS) such as service announcements and administrative messages and other communications relating to our services. Please note that you will not be able to opt out of receiving these essential service communications;
- for our internal purposes such as management, research, analytics, corporate reporting, and to improve business efficiencies;
- to ensure security for you and our staff, and help maintain service quality (calls to our customer services may be monitored and/or recorded for authentication, security, quality and training purposes);
- to trace nuisance or malicious calls;
- to help the emergency services;
- to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our services, and to prosecute those responsible, to trace and recover debts, to defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our customers and users;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies' requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect ourselves, our users and customers and to solve any customer disputes.
- to market and advertise our products and services that may be of interest to you including third party offers, promotions, advertisements, competitions or commercial communications by telephone (mobile and landline when available), post, electronic messaging (including SMS and MMS), email or online or via applications. You may be contacted by our Group companies for these purposes.
- In some circumstances we may use your personal information along with information from credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies to help us manage our credit risk and prevent fraud and money laundering. We may also use these organisations to confirm your identity in order to process your order. This may cause a ‘footprint’ on your credit file. We do this because it is in ours, our partners’, and our customers’ legitimate interest to prevent fraud and money laundering, to check identities, and protect our business to work within the laws that are given to us. Please visit https://www.transunion.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice for more information.
You can opt out of targeted advertising from third parties. For more information, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk . However, please note that this will not opt you out of receiving adverts altogether - it simply means that the adverts will not be targeted to you.
4. Sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with:
- other third parties where you have given your consent to the disclosure (either to us or the third party);
- our service providers including for the provision, distribution, delivery and marketing of our products and services, for advertising and payment services purposes.
These service providers have to follow our express instructions in respect of the use of your personal information and they must comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal information
Identity checking reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
debt collection or debt tracing agencies;
insurance providers if you have purchased an insurance policy through us;
law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and public authorities, and emergency services.
our prospective or actual purchasers, sellers or partners and their advisers if we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise re-organise our business.
5. Understanding what you want
Cookies are small text files placed on your device which uniquely identify your device. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device.
Web beacons (also known as "Pixel tags") are small blocks of code on webpages or in our emails that allow us to read and set cookies. Web beacons are often used in connection with cookies to help operate our websites, emails and collect information about online activity.
For more information about our use of these technologies, interest-based advertising and your choices, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
6. Access and Control Your Personal Information
We want to make sure that any personal information we hold about you is up to date. So if you think your personal information is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct or remove it at no charge to you. Please contact our Customer Services team on the numbers below to do this.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you'd like a copy of the information you are entitled to please write to The
Customer Service team, KTM Online Ltd, Unit 5 - The E-Centre, Easthampstead Road,
Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1NF, clearly identifying yourself and the information you require. There may be a charge to cover the cost of processing your request and supplying your information to you. We will ask you to provide identification to ensure we do not disclose your information to the wrong people.
You can always tell us that you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from KTM and its brands fonehouse, Metrofone and Buytechdirect. But remember, if you do not want us to get in touch, you may miss out on valuable and exciting offers. If you would prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us, simply let us know at any time by contacting us as below or by following the opt-out instructions in the relevant communication.
Please call Customer Services on 0333 900 1133 or email email@example.com if you wish to opt out of marketing communications.
Please note that it may take up to 96 hours to process your opt-out request.
You can also make choices about the cookies and targeted advertising. For more information about this, please refer to our section on cookies.
7. Keeping your personal information secure
We maintain the highest standards of data privacy and security to protect your personal details and other information about your account because we want you to feel completely confident about using our services. We regularly review our processes and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use, accidental loss and/or destruction.
We may monitor or record any conversations between you and our staff for authentication, security, quality and training purposes.
Sometimes we use other organisations to process your personal information on our behalf. We don't allow them to use this information for their own commercial purposes and they have to follow our strict instructions and comply with appropriate security measures. We assess the security measures in these organisations when we bring them on board and we continue to monitor their compliance while they process your personal information.
We store all your account details and other such information on secure servers, adhering to all relevant UK legislation. We use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
For further information on how you can help us to protect your personal information, please refer to our section on accessing and controlling your personal information.
8. Other privacy information
Links to third party websites
How to Contact Us
KTM Online Ltd is the controller of your personal data and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number ZA299181).
If you have any questions about our practices or this this policy, please get in touch with our Customer Services Team: 0333 900 1133 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Opening hours are Mon - Thurs: 09:00-20:00, Friday: 10:00-18:00, Saturday: 09:00-17:30 (Sunday: Closed)
Our Cookies Policy
Some cookies are essential for us to use in order to provide you with the services you have requested. These cookies will be used to manage the delivery of any web services requested by you and if you do not accept these cookies, the services may not be so easy to access and you may not be able to receive some services that you have requested e.g. pay for goods and services or access secure areas of our websites. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you have been on the internet.
1.1 to remember your selections
1.2 to personalise your experience
1.3 For analytics purposes
We also use our own cookies and/or third party cookies and other identifiers (such as web beacons) to see how you use our websites and services in order to enhance their performance and develop them according to the taste of our customers and visitors. For example, cookies may be used to: test different designs and ensure that a consistent look and feel is maintained for users of our websites; track and provide trend analysis on how our users interact with our websites; track errors and measure the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them and whether our mailing tools are working correctly.
The data collected will generally be aggregated to provide trends and usage patterns for business analysis, site/platform improvement and performance metrics. This analysis may be performed by third parties but will be for the review and benefit of "us" only. The type of information we collect includes how many visitors visit our websites, how many customers log in, when they visited, for how long and which areas of our websites and services.
1.4 For advertising purposes
In addition, we may work with third party companies, known as service providers who are authorised to place third party cookies or use other technologies on our websites or in our services, applications and tools with our permission. These service providers may use these technologies to help us deliver our own content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. If you are a registered user, the information collected from our websites is not anonymous and we may use this information along with other information we know or infer about you including your preferences to tailor content, services, advertising and offers for you. The information we collect and share with third parties through these cookies does not directly identify you. You can opt out of receiving interest based advertising on our website by blocking these cookies as described in the How to refuse or opt out of cookies section. Please also read below about advertising cookies used by third parties.
Advertising cookies used by third parties
We do allow advertisers and other third parties to place cookies on our websites to allow them to show you adverts that are more relevant and useful to you. However, we do not share any information with these advertisers and third parties that will directly identify you. These advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards.
The types of cookies used by these third parties and how they use the information generated by them will be governed by those companies' privacy policies.
Other similar technologies
In addition to standard cookies and web beacons, our services may use other similar technologies to store and read data files from your computer. This includes the use of flash cookies which are created by Adobe Flash. To manage these cookies, visit the Website Storage Settings Panel on www.adobe.com. We are minimising our use of flash cookies but they may be used by third parties on our websites and services.
Session cookies and persistent cookies
Our servers use two different types of cookies.
The first type is known as a 'session-based' cookie and is allocated to your computer only for the duration of your visit to our Web site. It helps you to move around the Web site faster and, if you're a registered customer, it allows us to give you information relevant to your selected service. This cookie automatically expires when you close down your browser.
The second type of cookie is known as a 'persistent' cookie. These cookies will remain on your computer for a period of time set for each cookie. These cookies allow us to:
- limit how often you see a particular advertisement or announcement on our web site;
- identify your preferences when customising content for you;
- provide you with relevant self-help information;
- record how many times you visit a page or advertisement;
- limit and record how often you can vote in our polls;
- confirm you are a registered user and save your login details when accessing certain services on our websites; and
- collect statistics on the use of our services.
How to refuse or opt out of cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. If you wish to block cookies from your browser software, please check the browser help menu for relevant instructions. Take care to ensure that you select the correct type and version of your browser software:
Unfortunately, if you choose to decline cookies, some of the interactive features and some functionality of our websites and our services may not be available to you. We advise regular users of our websites and services to accept cookies from us.
If you want to know more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more information about interest based advertising and how to opt out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
|CMSCookieLevel||Specifies which cookies are allowed by the visitor.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Keeps the user session ID for security reasons.|
|CMSCsrfCookie||Store's a security token that the system uses to validate all form data submitted via POST requests. Helps protect against Cross site request forgery.
Note: The Level of CMSCsrfCookie was changed to System in hotfix 9.0.44 (to avoid errors for users who disable all cookies). In older versions, the cookie has the Essentiallevel.
|CMSPreferredCulture||Stores the visitor's preferred content culture.|
|CMSMobileRedirected||Indicates if the visitor has been redirected to the mobile version of the website by the Mobile device redirection web part.|
|CMSCurrentTheme||Stores the name of the current visual theme to provide proper design to the dialog windows.|
|Webauthtoken||Live ID authentication cookie.|
|CMSForumPostAnswer||Keeps a list of Question-Answer forum posts in which the user user voted for an answer to prevent repeated votes.|
|CMSVotedPolls||Keeps a list of polls where the user voted to prevent repeated votes.|
|CMSRatedDocuments||Keeps a list of pages that the user rated to prevent repeated votes.|
|CMSShowDesktopVersion||Indicates that the visitor has switched to the desktop (default) version of the website from a specific device profile.|
|.ASPXFORMSAUTH||Stores the user's encrypted authentication ticket when using forms authentication.|
|FormState||Form state flag to allow restoration of failed requests.|
|CMSPreferredUICulture||Stores the preferred UI culture of the user.|
|CMSViewMode||Stores the user's current view mode (Edit, Preview, Design, etc.).|
|CMSUserWords||User's custom word dictionary kept by the spell checker.|
|DisplayContentInDesignMode||Remembers the user's setting of the Web part content checkbox on the Design tab (for example in the Pages application).|
|DisplayContentInUIElementDesignMode||Remembers the user's setting of the Web part content check box on the Design tab of UI elements.|
|CMSMacroDesignerTab||Remembers the last active tab of the Edit macro condition dialog.|
|CMSSplitMode||Remembers the state of the language version split-view mode when editing multilingual websites.|
|CMSPreviewState||Stores the user's latest page design preview preferences.|
|CMSPropertyTab||Remembers the last active tab of the Properties section in the Pages application.|
|CMSViewTab||Remembers the last active tab of the View section in the Preview mode of the Pages application.|
|CMSValidationTab||Remembers the last active tab of the Validation section in the Preview mode of the Pages application.|
||Remembers the position of the variant slider when defining variants for MVT or Content personalization.|
|CMSWebPartToolbarCategory||Stores the selected web part category on the web part toolbar.|
|CMSWebPartToolbarMinimized||Remembers if the user minimized the web part toolbar on the Design tab.|
|CMSCurrentDeviceProfileName||Stores the selected device profile when editing pages.|
|CMSCurrentDeviceProfileRotate||Remembers whether the device preview uses the landscape or portrait view.|
|CMSUniGraph||Stores the user's Snap to grid preference in the advanced workflow and marketing automation designer.Stores the user's Snap to grid preference in the advanced workflow and marketing automation designer.|
|CMSSessionToken||Stores the token used by the web service that provides the advanced workflow and marketing automation designer.|
||Stores the state of the selectors on AB test overview page.|
|VisitorStatus||Indicates if the visitor is new or returning. Used for tracking the visitors statistic in Web analytics.Indicates if the visitor is new or returning. Used for tracking the visitors statistic in Web analytics.|
|Source||Stores the channel which the user came from (e.g., email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).|
|Campaign||Stores the web analytics Campaign assigned to the visitor.|
|UrlReferrer||Stores the URL referrer from which the user arrives on the website.|
|CurrentContact||Stores the GUID of the contact related to the current site visitor. Used to track activities on the website.|
||Used to track conversions for the test and maintain consistent page content for the visitor. Stores the name of the page variant assigned to the visitor, the list of performed conversions and information whether visitor is included in A/B testing specified by anA/B test.|
||Stores the combination of variants assigned to the visitor by an MVT test. Used to track conversions for the test and maintain consistent page content for the visitor.|
||Stores the currently selected MVT combination for editors in the administration interface.|
|CMSShoppingCart||Stores a reference to the user's active shopping cart.|
|CMSBodyClass||Body element class to provide accessibility standards.|
||Stores the current step of Wizard layout web parts.|
|ChatLoggedInToken||Stores the login state for the Chat application (indicates if the user is in the online state).|
|ChatSupportLoggedInToken||Indicates if the user is logged in to the support chat.|
|Stores bindings between groups of chat web parts and chat rooms (for a specific window or tab).|
||Remembers if the Automatically initiated chat web part was shown to the user (prevents multiple chat initiation messages).|
||Indicates that the user was kicked from the specified chat room (and is not allowed to return).|
|StrandsSBS_*||Used by the Strands Recommender solely for its own purposes. The cookies are managed on the Strands side.|
|CMSStrandsTrackEvent_*||Stores persistent HTTP context after a page is reloaded. Used for tracking of shopping cart events.|
|__openid_selector_*||Stores OpenId user identification for authentication purposes.|
|Social media||Social media integration web parts use the corresponding social media's cookies.|
|CKEditor||CKEditor cookies may be stored for users working with the WYSIWYG editor.|
|51D||Used when the system is configured for 51degrees.mobi mobile device detection.|
Google Analytics Cookies
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmc||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.|
3rd Party Cookies
|reevoo__utma||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
|reevoo__utmb||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
|reevoo__utmc||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
|reevoo__utmz||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
|reevoo_sp_id.71c6||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
|reevoo_sp_ses.71c6||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
|reevoomarker||Reviews integration software supplied by our business partner Reevoo|
How to change your browser settings to disable cookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8 (Windows XP/Vista)
- Select Tools from the main task bar, then Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Choose the settings you want.
- Click OK.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8,9 (Windows 7)
- Click on the Settings cog icon (top right).
- Click on Internet Options.
- Click on Privacy and choose your options.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Firefox 3.0+, 4.0+, 5.0+,6.0+
- Choose Tools from the main task bar, then options.
- Click the privacy tab.
- Choose the settings you want.
- Click OK.
Safari 5 & 6
- Choose Safari from the main task bar, then preferences.
- Click on the privacy panel.
- Choose the settings you want.
- Click X to close
- Click the menu icon and select Settings from the list.
- Click the Show the advance settings.
- Click Content Settings in the Privacy section.
- Choose the settings you want.
- Click X to close.
- From the home screen, choose Settings.
- Select Safari.
- Click Accept Cookies.
- Choose your preferred settings.
- Start the browser application.
- Click the Menu button.
- Select the More option, then Settings.
- Tick or clear Accept cookies.
Windows Phone 7
- From the home screen, click on the right arrow.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Swipe across and select Internet Explorer.
- Tick or clear Accept cookies.
Fonehouse Newsletter Subscription
Thank you for registering your interest.You have been added to our newsletter mailing list.
How to Claim:
- Call us on 0333 900 1133
- Show our friendly customer service team where to find the competitor deal (have the deal link ready!)
- Our team will verify the deal difference and send you a BACS transfer directly into your bank account!
- Mobile Phones Direct
- Carphone Warehouse
- The Smartphone Company
- Vodafone Direct
- EE Direct
- Three Direct
- Only qualifying retailers apply - see list below
- Fonehouse will price match where:
- The deal is listed and highlighted as a Black Friday Promotional Deal on the Fonehouse website
- The handset make, model and colour is the same
- The Network is the same
- The line rental payable to the network is the same
- The data allowance on the tariff is the same
- The contract term is the same
- The product is in stock on competitors website and available for immediate delivery
- Fonehouse will not price match where:
- There is a gift or cashback on the competitor deal
- The competitor is not on our list of qualifying retailers
- The deal is not a like for like deal as per terms above
- A voucher code needs to be used on the competitors deal
- BACS transfer will be made within 30 days and only if you are still connected to the network
- You must claim between 11th November and 2nd December – Any calls and claims outside of this period will be void